AWS For Developers
AWS is the indisputable leader in the Cloud Computing market and today more and more companies, from startups to well known enterprises are taking advantage of AWS and Cloud Technologies to speed innovation and become more agile. AWS for Developers is a two-day course designed to help you understand the most popular AWS services and to start developing and deploying applications on AWS using modern DevOps practices.
Who will teach it?
Alberto Alvarez is our AWS & DevOps instructor. Alberto currently looks after a team of DevOps Engineers for Cloudreach Vancouver team and has spent the last 5 years helping enterprises to embrace AWS, enabling innovation and instill DevOps practices. Alberto is very passionate about technology and currently holds all-5 AWS certifications as well as a Bachelor of Science in Applied Computing.
On the personal side of things, Alberto loves all things outdoor, modern history and of course spending time with his pets, Momo and Juno!
- Understanding EC2
- Provisioning AWS Compute Services
- Configuring AWS Compute Services with EC2
- Configuring AWS Compute Services with ELB/ALB
- Design best practices
- Intro to DevOps
- DevOps on AWS
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
What is the length and cost of the workshop?
The course lasts 2 days and costs $250.
- Saturday October 28th and Sunday October 29th
- 7 hrs on the Saturday (10-6pm with 1hr break)
- 7 hrs on the Sunday (10-6pm with 1hr break)
How does it work?
- We will have one trained instructors work with you on through presenting lectures while assisting you in an small class environment.
- There may be TAs to help out in the classroom
- We will not be giving you grades.
- This is hands on training, there will be no final exam.
- Bring your own computer to follow along
Are there Prerequisites?
- Understanding of HTTP and SSH protocols
- You have ideally built and deployed web applications before
- You must bring your computer to follow along
- AWS account (your can sign up for the free tier)
What will you get out of this course?
- An understanding of AWS concepts and services
- The ability to deploy and scale applications on AWS