AWS For Developers
AWS is the indisputable leader in the Cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) market and today more and more companies, from startups to well known enterprises are taking advantage of AWS and Cloud Technologies. AWS for Developers is a course designed to help you understand the most popular AWS services and to start developing and deploying Web applications on AWS.
Who will teach it?
Alberto Alvarez who is our AWS & DevOps instructor. Alberto currently looks after a team of DevOps Engineers and Analysts for Cloudreach Vancouver team and has spent the last 4 years helping enterprises to adopt the Cloud and AWS. Alberto is very passionate about technology and currently holds all-5 AWS certifications as well as a Bachelor of Science in Applied Computing.
- Understanding EC2
- Provisioning AWS Compute Services
- Configuring AWS Compute Services with EC2
- Configuring AWS Compute Services with ELB/ALB
- Design best practices
- Deploy with Cloudformation
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Deployment best practices / Devops Principles
What is the length and cost of the workshop?
The course lasts 1 day and costs $310.
- Satruday October 29th
- 7 hrs on the Saturday (10-6pm with 1hr break)
How does it work?
- We will have one trained instructors work with you on through presenting lectures while assisting you in an small class environment.
- There may be TAs to help out in the classroom
- We will not be giving you grades.
- This is hands on training, there will be no final exam.
- Bring your own computer to follow along
Are there Prerequisites?
- Understanding of HTTP and SSH protocols
- You have ideally built and deployed web applications before
- You must bring your computer to follow along
- AWS account (your can sign up for the free tier)
What will you get out of this course?
- An understanding of AWS concepts and services
- The ability to deploy and scale applications on AWS