Welcome to CodeCore Fundamentals
Start with the basics then dive deep with hands-on training and guidance. Learn how to make more by making a web application which stores information and interacts with your visitors by learning part-time in 5 weeks.
What will we cover?
An introduction to programming fundamentals starting with brief theory on programming basics and building websites. It is structured to give you a strong foundation to utilize programming in your career. Please see the outline below.
- What is HTML & CSS
- Intro to HTML
- Document structure
- Tags: DIV and SPAN
- classes and IDs
- Intro to CSS
- Styling divs
- Styling tables and divs
- Styling lists
- Forms elements
- Intro to Bootstrap
- Getting Started
- What is programming all about?
- Different types of programming languages
- Flow Control
- Input and output
- Interacting with web pages
- Persisting Data with Firebase
- Storing data to Firebase
- Retretrieving data from Firebase
- Simple user authentication with Firebase
- Building an app with Firebase and jQuery
What is the length and cost of the course? How often are the workshops?
The course lasts 5 weeks with two workshops a week and costs $950.
- June 15 - July 15
- Runs Wednesdays & Saturdays
- 3hrs on Wednesday evenings. (6-9pm)
- 7hrs on Saturday all day. (10-5pm with 1hr break)
How does it work?
- We will have two trained instructors work with you on through presenting lectures while assisting you in an small class environment.
- You will have a weekly project and short in class review to gauge your progress.
- We will not be giving you grades.
- This is hands on training, there will be an optional final exam.
Are there Prerequisites?
- Understanding how to use Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari
- Familiarity with using your computer *
- Available to attend one day on the weekend and one evening on a weekday!
What will you get out of this course?
- An understanding of programming concepts so you can decide whether a career in software development is for you.
- The ability to create a full fledged website.
- The foundation needed to take our full fledged bootcamp program.
- A better skill set to further your career.