Welcome to CodeCore iOS Fundamentals
Start with the basics then dive deep with hands-on training and guidance. Learn how to make more by making an iOS application which stores information and interacts with your app users by learning part-time in 4 weeks.
What will we cover?
An introduction to programming fundamentals starting with brief theory on programming basics, working with databases and finally building an iOS app. It is structured to give you a strong foundation to utilize programming in your career. Please see the outline below.
- Basic Operators & Types
- Introductions to: iOS, Xcode, Documentation & Resources, Objective-C , Swift , and Swift v. Objective-C
- Classes & Structures
- App Construction
- Custom Interfaces
- Pulling Everything Together
- Intro to App Store Submission
What is the length and cost of the course? How often are the workshops?
The course lasts 1 month with two workshops a week and costs $1100.
- November 5, 2016 - December 3, 2016 (No class November 12th)
- Runs Thursdays & Saturdays
- 3hrs on Thursday evenings. (6-9pm)
- 7hrs on Saturday all day. (10-5pm with 1hr break)
How does it work?
- We will have one instructor work with you on through presenting lectures while assisting you in an small class environment.
- You will have a weekly project and short in class review to gauge your progress.
- We will not be giving you grades.
- This is hands on training, there will be no final exam.
- There will be a course project you work toward the end of the course that involves pushing an app to the App Store!
Are there Prerequisites?
- Owning an iOS device or a Mac computer (preferably both).
- Familiarity with using your computer.
- Available to attend one day on the weekend and one evening on a weekday!
What will you get out of this course?
- An understanding of programming concepts so you can decide whether a career in software development is for you.
- The ability to create a simple iOS app
- The ability to store data on iOS devices.
- The foundation needed to take our full fledged bootcamp program.
- A better skill set to further your career.